CEL Community Partner Agencies Plemmons Student Union Usage Policy
A CEL Community Partner Agency may request usage of the Plemmons Student Union if they are currently catalogued in the CEL Community Partners Database.
Usage of the facility is permitted for meeting rooms and contact tables for activities that are open and designated exclusively to ASU students, along with agency staff presenters and invited facilitators. A CEL Community Partner Agency should make a reservation request directly to the CEL Office (828-262-2545).
- Type of Events: Limited to ASU student volunteer recruitment, orientation, training or appreciation. Use of the facility is not permitted for agency fundraisers, permanent agency staff meetings or community/public events.*
- There is no cost for the use of meeting rooms, contact tables or general audio-visual equipment. Reservation requests may continue to be made through the academic year
- up until the last day of classes in the Spring Semester. Reservation requests for the summer may be made beginning on the first day of Summer School classes.
Guidelines for Room Usage
Limited Availability: A CEL Community Partner Agency may request facility space beginning August 1st for the upcoming academic year for usage between Thursdays and Sundays until 4pm.
Regular Availability: Beginning on the first Monday following Labor Day, a CEL Community Partner Agency may request space for any day of the week in the Plemmons Student Union for the upcoming academic year.
- Meetings may be conducted up to (3) three hours in duration.
- Three (3) meetings per year are allowed for each CEL Community Partner Agency.
Guidelines for Contact Table Usage
- Nature of usage is restricted to the recruitment of ASU students for volunteer opportunities with the agency and for the advertisement of agency services and programs. No financial transactions may be conducted.
- Reservations may be made no more than (14) fourteen days prior to the requested date of usage.
- Three (3) days per semester are allowed for each CEL Community Partner Agency.
*Note: Agency fundraisers are only allowable when they are reserved and conducted by a registered ASU Club, University Funded Organization or a Service-Learning Class on behalf of the agency.