The Appalachian State University campus is currently operating under SPECIAL conditions.
The university remains open, with emergency management protocols activated and operational modifications and precautions in place to support social distancing. In-person instruction has transitioned to a system of alternative course delivery. View the latest information on the App State Coronavirus Information website. Read the latest update posted 4/8/2020 at 7:02 p.m.
Read the Student Affairs Covid-19 Response. Updated March 31, 2020 at 9:20 a.m.
Guiding Principles of Reservations
- The Plemmons Student Union is a learning environment. Programs/events must fit with that mission and that of Appalachian State University.
- The Plemmons Student Union and Legends, their staff, equipment and operations are supported solely from student fees paid by all ASU students.
- The Plemmons Student Union and Legends receive no tax support and no tuition money.
- Recognized university organizations or departments may reserve space, individuals may not.
- Non-university groups, organizations or individuals may not reserve space in the Plemmons Student Union during the academic year, except during breaks and summer.
- Scheduling priority exists for student organizations or events which benefit students.
- Event or function must logically relate to the mission of the club, organization or department requesting space.
- The Office of Conference and Camp Services may reserve PSU space for summer conferences and camps attended by non-university individuals as long as the event is educational in nature and space is available.
- Space and equipment is usually free of charge to university organizations and departments. Events which require extra staff or require extending normal operating hours will be charged a staffing fee. Certain events may incur a room rental fee as well.