The university remains open, with emergency management protocols activated and operational modifications and precautions in place. Read the latest updates.
Guiding Principles of Reservations
- The Plemmons Student Union is a learning environment. Programs/events must fit with that mission and that of Appalachian State University.
- The Plemmons Student Union and Legends, their staff, equipment and operations are supported solely from student fees paid by all ASU students.
- The Plemmons Student Union and Legends receive no tax support and no tuition money.
- Recognized university organizations or departments may reserve space, individuals may not.
- Non-university groups, organizations or individuals may not reserve space in the Plemmons Student Union during the academic year, except during breaks and summer.
- Scheduling priority exists for student organizations or events which benefit students.
- Event or function must logically relate to the mission of the club, organization or department requesting space.
- The Office of Conference and Camp Services may reserve PSU space for summer conferences and camps attended by non-university individuals as long as the event is educational in nature and space is available.
- Space and equipment is usually free of charge to university organizations and departments. Events which require extra staff or require extending normal operating hours will be charged a staffing fee. Certain events may incur a room rental fee as well.